November 7: The Hellraiser Fundraiser!
$20 At Millie & Al’s (2440 18th Street, NW)
Attention Hellraisers and Molotov Minions! Block out Friday November 7, 8:30-????? PM at Millie & Al’s (see address above).
Huge! Unparalleled fun! Unbeatable giveaways! Many other superlatives!
Buy tickets online for a paltry $20!!!
Join us for a screamin’ good time at Adams Morgan’s own Millie & Al’s (the official late-night Irish Car Bomb destination for Molotov). Share a cocktail, meet and greet the creative visionaries behind the brand of theatre you have grown to love.
Mix and mingle (*ahem* – DRINK) with a host of DC theatre folk and a wide range of troublemakers and good-time-seekers. (read: NETWORKING!)
• $20 gets you an awesome skull wristband…PLUS:
• Drink Specials during the event! (keep your wristband on!)
• Free Jell-o Shooter!
• Free Food! (8:30-11:00)
• Recycle Your Halloween Costume contest! More gore means better chance to win! (winner chosen by Current Molotov Board members’ popular vote)
• Open Mic – Sing, tell a story, rant, perform a monologue – whatever!
• 1 ticket for our Raffle and all night giveaways! (details below)
So – what’s this Raffle all about, you ask?
Here’s the deal. We have a few packages at this point to give away to lucky raffle winners. Each ticket for the fundraiser comes with a complimentary raffle ticket.
Starting at 9:45 we’ll start GIVING STUFF AWAY… And we won’t stop… All. Night. Long…(really, we’ll stop around 11).
In addition to small giveaways including our world famous hot sauce and salsa, you could win one the following packages:
The Raven Package
• A pair of tickets to Molotov Theatre Group’s current production of “Nightfall”
• Framed Nightfall poster, signed by the cast
• One copy of “The Grand Guignol” textbook from University of Exeter press, signed by Grand Guignol expert Professor Hand
Marginally Stupendous Package
• A pair of Tickets to Molotov Theatre Groups production of “The Margins”
• Autographed working copy of the Script for “The Margins”
The Package of Doom
• A pair of tickets to Molotov Theatre Group’s production of “Neighborhood Three: Requisition of Doom”
• Bethesda Softworks DOOM “and more” gift bag
The Drunken Reader Package
• Autographed copy of the book “Necroscope,” signed by Brian Lumley
• A pair of Molotov Skull shot glasses
The Models Package
• Copy of the book “Role Models” signed by John Waters (yes, THAT John Waters)
• “Injustice Gods Among Us” Batman and Wonder Woman Statue
Inspector Gadget Package
• 4 Passes to the International Spy museum.
• Vid Vision Sport sunglasses with built-in Video Camera
Winner of the Goriest Costume Contest will receive:
• A pair of season passes to the current Molotov season (Including “Nightfall,” “The Margins,” and “Neighborhood Three”)
• A pair of tickets to the Landless Theatre Company remount of “Prog Metal Sweeney Todd”
• A pair of tickets to the Spooky Action Theatre production of “Last of the Whyos”
Extra raffle tickets are available at the door! $5/each or 3 for $10 or 7 for $20!
So act now! Order today! Tell your friends! Tell your enemies! Spread the word!
Buy tickets online for a paltry $20!!!
Why, oh why, is this all happening? We think you’re pretty awesome and we dig putting up shows for you. If you want that to keep happening, please help us make this event a rousing success!
All proceeds go directly to the operational budget for Molotov Theatre Group – DC’s ONLY theatre company dedicated to horror and suspense. (Additional donations are tax-deductible).
See you there!
Opening November 6, 2014 at DCAC
THE LATEST FROM THE TWISTED MINDS OF MOLOTOV:
NIGHTFALL WITH EDGAR ALLAN POE by Eric Coble
Was Poe insane or psychically tormented? From the author of The Velocity of Autumn, this play dramatizes four of Poe’s best known works: The Raven, The Fall of the House of Usher, The Pit and the Pendulum, and The Tell-Tale Heart. Classic horror is brought to the stage as only Molotov can.
Director: Mark Kamie; Composer: Gregory Thomas Woolford Martin
Starring Adam R. Adkins, Jen Bevan, Yoni Gray, Elliott Kashner, Matthew Marcus, and Stacy Whittle
Production Stage Manager: Katherine Offutt
Costumer: Jen Bevan
Lighting Designer: Pete Vargo
Set Design/Construction: Brian McDermott
November 6 – December 7, 2014 at the DC Arts Center in Adams Morgan
(No Performances Thanksgiving Week)
Showtime: 7:30 PM; Doors: 7:15 PM
Running Time: Approximately 85 minutes with no intermission.
Purchase tickets here.
(Reduced price tickets through Goldstar are rapidly selling out!)
EVERY THURSDAY (AT THE DOOR) IS PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN!
Molotov’s “Nightfall” Picks Up Where “Normal” Left Off – And Then Some by Alex Zavistovich.